Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mid-Term Break, Here We Come!

It's Tuesday and, as usual this term, I'm in the dorm after school. It's very quiet on Tuesday afternoons; Chris & Brianna have their day off and Jacqui and most of the kids are at various after school clubs.

The kids get to choose two different clubs for the term, one for each half. This week is the start of the second half.

All of the clubs meet on Tuesdays except for mine which will meet tomorrow and so the only people not at clubs today are me and those in my club. That means Tristan, Sung-Hwi and I. Sung-Hwi is in Egret, the Korean dorm, and Tristan lives with his parents, the school coordinators, but he's here in Eagle playing playstation right now.

With just the two of us here it gives me a chance to get some bits and pieces done when I would normally be unable to do anything productive.

My club will be making electronic music. I planned out a rough schedule for the weeks on Sunday and I'm quite looking forward to it.

I found some great free software which I plan to use. It's an audio/midi sequencer/recording package called Reaper and so far I've been very impressed with it.

I've been pretty tired today. I made the classic mistake of pressing 'off' instead of 'snooze' on my alarm this morning and was ten minutes late in waking up the Eagle boys having got up in quite a rush.

One of the school computers went down yesterday. I found out when a student tried to use it in one of my classes this morning. I then spent the next hour or so trying to resurrect it but to no avail so siesta was spent reinstalling the entire operating system and standard set of classroom software. It's now up and running again but it was previously used to connect the whole classroom to the internet which will take a bit more work to sort out.

I'm very much looking forward to mid-term-break this weekend. Just two more days of school left now. I hope I can rest well. I'm sharing a house with 8 others for the weekend which could mean difficulty finding peace and quiet in the house but there should be plenty of space elsewhere to relax and get some time out. I'm going to the same place I went to for the first mid-term-break, hopefully I'll avoid sunburn this time.

Mid-term-break also means decision time about whether or not I come back here in August. You can expect a post on Monday with the news.

No comments: