Wednesday, February 28, 2007

SIPS 2007 Day 1

Today is the start of SIPS, a big sporting competition for international schools from all over Senegal.

The whole of BCS has descended upon Dakar for five days. We have 41 staff and their families staying at the WEC guesthouse and we had all the kids here for lunch and siesta when we arrived today.

The first event was this afternoon. It was the cross country running and it was held in Hann park. Hann park is a lovely park in a Dakar suburb. It's very big and very green with a zoo and a botanical garden.

I was a steward for the races and spent my afternoon sat or stood on a corner of the route waiting for kids to come past. When I wasn't waiting I was encouraging runners and taking photos.

Tomorrow is an early start. Breakfast at 6:45; and I have to buy the bread beforehand.

I'm going out now to buy soft drinks for all the kids for tomorrow and then to get some some ice cream at the place round the corner.

I'll try and post again tomorrow evening.

No comments: