Monday, October 2, 2006

Roller disco?

It's Monday again and my day off which means I have more time than usual to do emails and stuff. This week I've stayed on the compound for my day off. I was planning to cycle to Popenguine (the beach!) with a couple of friends but decided that it was stupidity to attempt to cycle several kilometres in the midday sun and tried to persuade them we should go at 4pm instead. Unfortunately they wanted to go into the village (our nieghbours Kinniabour) at 5pm so they decided to go ahead and cycle. They're not back yet so I hope they're still alive and well! A new school timetable came into effect this morning as there were several problems with the old one so this week's teaching schedule is looking quite different. Hopefully I'll find it better in terms of the lesson prep load but it doesn't look too friendly on paper!

The weekend was fun. Chris (our dorm 'dad') and I set up a roller-disco in the sports hall; we carted the school PA system across and I turned up the amp full (still wasn't load enough though - only 200W RMS I think). The playlist was a mixture of child friendly metal and 80s nostalgia (Chris used to be a professional metal drummer and spent some of his formative years in the 1980s) and the kids loved skating round and round the hall in their roller-blades. Chris also enjoyed being a very cheesy and very bad (and therefore perfect for the atmosphere) DJ.

No comments: