Monday, June 16, 2008

A Quarter Century

Today seems an appropriate day to break the blogging silence. It's been so long that it's not worth me commenting on all that has passed except to mention that today is, as well as being my birthday, the four month 'un-iversary' of the start of my relationship with Lesley. That perhaps goes some way to explaining the demise of my blogging (or at least the initial cessation).

The rains started here on Friday and it's rained again today. The smell is great, it reminds me of the start of the year and makes me want to stay on longer here. I am at peace about coming home though. It has been great to be here but I know it's right now for me to go back to the UK and begin the next phase of my life (whatever that may be). I'll be based, initially at least, at home with my family in Rothwell. I don't know yet what's in store but I know I'll need some kind of employment soonish to tide me over. As for the longer term I don't want to start anything new until October so that I can take proper time out to recover and process all that God has been doing these past two years.

My birthday celebrations have been great. I started the day with the sunrise in the pavillion (a gazebo type structure built as the result of a yr8 DT project). This was followed by bacon, eggs & beans cooked for me by Lesley. It has been a normal school day and so I was teaching this morning but it was quite fun, especially when it started raining at about nine o'clock. BCS birthdays are celebrated after siesta with a cake and an opportunity for people to give gifts and cards. As usual the collection of gifts was quite random but it's the thought that counts and many of the thoughts were very encouraging as they confirmed the quality of some of my relationships with the kids. It'll be very hard to say goodbye at the end of the year.

This evening I'm celebrating privately by hosting a three course meal for selected friends from the staff team. Lesley and I went shopping in Saly on Saturday both for inspiration and ingredients. I need to go home now and continue cooking and preparing the house.

Please pester me if this post is becoming lonely.

1 comment:

Dick Davies said...

Sorry this is not a deep and meaningful comment - but consider yourself tagged.....

;-)