Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas break begins

Sorry it's been so long. We've had internet problems at the school. I'm now sat in the WEC guesthouse in Dakar using their ADSL with a colleague's laptop. I put my new hard disk in my laptop yesterday but it still doesn't work; gives a very confusing message.

It's now the school Christmas holidays and the kids have left. I'm in Dakar today for the British embassy Christmas carols and mulled wine tonight, should be fun. There's quite a few of us brits going from the WEC community.

The end of term was very busy what with cleaning and closing down the dorms for the holidays and the school end of term production. I made a TV camera and boom microphone props which I must take a photo of before they get stored away. I've not got much planned for the holidays. Most people are going away somewhere like the Gambia or somewhere up north but I'm not planning anything big. There's plenty to keep me entertained at school though, there are always jobs to be done. Thanks to those who prayed about the amplifiers I've been working on; I found the cause of the problem on one of them the other day and it now works on one channel, I need to get a replacement component to fix it fully.

I hope to get the laptop working in the next week so I'd appreciate prayers for that too. If I do that'll rapidly increase my blogging and emailing rates. That's all for now, I hope to get out to the supermarket soon and buy some Christmas food treats for over the holidays.

No comments: